Location: Suffolk Corps – Suffolk, VA
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Range: $40,460.93 - $50,576.67
About this opportunity:
Serves as an evangelist to and represents The Salvation Army in the community and constituency of the Corps; provides spiritual guidance and leadership to the same; recruits members for the Army of Jesus Christ while encouraging membership into The Salvation Army; supervises and schedules Corps groups, community outreach programs, and social service work; monitors and maintains adequate financing and budgetary compliance of the Corps operations.
Plans, directs, and participates in the day-to-day operation, management, and maintenance of a Salvation Army Corps which may include oversight of a Thrift Store, Shelter Operation, Community Center, or other specialized programs; recruits and manages a team of staff and volunteers; supervises the bookkeeping, sales, statistics, payroll processes, as well as screening and providing services to clients.
- Serves as an evangelist through the proclamation of Jesus Christ as redeemer with the intent of impacting the lives of men and women through spiritual regeneration; promotes membership into the body of Christ, including but not limited to The Salvation Army.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, supervises, and participates in the day-to-day operation of all Salvation Army programs and services within the assigned service area; ensures compliance with established policies and procedures; develops and implements operations improvements to maximize service to the community.
- Supervises, schedules, and evaluates the work performed by all staff including Corps, Thrift Store, shelter, or community center staff as well as volunteers; trains staff and volunteers in the proper procedures for performing work; inspects work in progress and upon completion to ensure compliance with policies and procedures; conducts performance evaluations of staff.
- Supervises and coordinates the maintenance of the Corps and any other program/service equipment and facilities; ensures all equipment is properly maintained; coordinates maintenance and repair work with contractors when needed.
What we are looking for in you:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have demonstrated experience in a Corps leadership role.
- Appointment to this position must be approved by the Territorial Personnel Secretary.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Ability to meet attendance requirements. Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language. Duties are usually performed by frequent walking and/or standing, kneeling, or squatting relieved by lesser periods of sitting. Office work is performed in a normal environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
Evangelistic Outreach work may occur outside with exposure to some physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about the name of program or location, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 12/1/2023 – 12/15/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family PMC-EXEMPT
- Job Function Corps Admin
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $40,460.93
- Max Hiring Rate $50,576.67
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 400 Bank St, Suffolk, VA 23434, USA