Resident Monitor (Casual)
Location: The Salvation Army, Lakeland, Florida
Position Type: Casual- On Call/As Needed
Pay Range: $12.00 – $14.00/ Hour
About this opportunity:
Accepts and processes residents staying in shelter; monitors the activity of residents on an assigned shift ensuring safety, security and compliance to house rules; maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information; ensures that shelter is maintained in a neat and proper order.
- Ensures that all rooms are in proper order before arrival of residents;
- Checks clients into the shelter.
- Prepares and distributes towels, linens, and personal hygiene items.
- Obtains clients signature on forms as well as shelter rules and regulations.
- Answers telephone and responds to questions; refers clients to other community organizations if no rooms available.
What we are looking for in you:
- High school diploma or GED AND
- one year experience performing security or social service work preferred, OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- CPR and Basic First Aid
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about the name of program or location, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 12/01/2023 – 12/17/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Housing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lakeland, FL 2455 Jim Galloway Rd. 33810, PO Box 928, Lakeland, Florida, United States of America