Accounting Clerk I
Location: The Salvation Army, Lakeland, Florida
Position Type: Regular Part-Time
Pay Range: $14.00 – $16.00/ Hour
About this opportunity:
Performs a variety of routine and complex clerical accounting functions including financial recordkeeping and reporting; processes billings, invoices, purchase orders, requisitions, checks, check requests, tax reports, payments and/or deposits.
- Prepares and processes one or more of the following financial documents: invoices, billings, purchase orders, requisitions, checks, check requests, tax reports, payments and/or deposits; reviews and verifies the same for accuracy and completeness.
- Receives, records, and deposits cash receipts; prepares daily tabulations and reports of cash receipts; distributes receipts to proper funds; makes daily entries into cash receipts ledger.
- Performs data entry of financial information to prepare spreadsheet and general ledger programs for bookkeeping and reporting purposes.
- Maintains accurate and complete files of accounts, statistics, billings, invoices, and donor/client files; develops and maintains departmental files; prepares a spreadsheet for recording expenditures and approvals.
What we are looking for in you:
- High school diploma or GED AND
- Two years’ experience working in a general office with accounting and bookkeeping responsibilities OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Valid State Driver’s License
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about the name of program or location, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 12/01/2023 – 12/17/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Finance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Lakeland, FL 2455 Jim Galloway Rd. 33810, PO Box 928, Lakeland, Florida, United States of America