Location: The Salvation Army, Lakeland, Florida
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Pay Range: $12.00 – $14.00/ Hour
About this opportunity:
Cleans and maintains the buildings and grounds to ensure the neatness and cleanliness of the same on a daily basis.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms; cleans sinks and toilets, polishes mirrors, and replenishes supplies.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops and waxes floors; sweeps sidewalks.
- Cleans windows; dusts and polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Washes, folds, and stores laundry and linens.
- Empties trash cans regularly; collects trash from grounds.
What we are looking for in you:
- No formal education required,
- Six months experience performing general custodian/janitorial duties, OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Valid State Driver’s License
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Ability to exert the physical energy required to performing housekeeping and minor maintenance work. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing, and climbing. Work is performed in a normal office environment with some exposure to outdoor temperatures, dirt and dust, and/or disagreeable sights and odors.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about the name of program or location, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 12/01/2023 – 12/17/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Property
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lakeland, FL 2455 Jim Galloway Rd. 33810, PO Box 928, Lakeland, Florida, United States of America