Territorial Young Adult & Mission Coordinator
Location: Territorial Headquarters, Atlanta, GA
About this opportunity:
Resources the Field with outreach and evangelism, discipleship, holiness, and mission opportunities for young adults.
- Plans, develops, leads, coordinates, and promotes ideas on conducting successful Young Adult Ministries programs.
- Works with the Territorial Youth Secretary to plan and execute the Salvationist Service Corps and quarterly short-term mission trips.
- Travels extensively throughout the Southern Territory to implement, promote, supervise, and monitor the effectiveness of assigned programs.
- Publishes young adult program opportunities quarterly throughout the Southern Territory.
- Assists with the camping ministry and camp staff marketing, emphasizing providing counselors for the Divisions.
What we are looking for in you:
- Associate degree from an accredited college in a related field, bachelor’s degree preferred, AND
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in developing and implementing a variety of youth events or programs. OR
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Bon-a-fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ):
- This position requires an active, uniform-wearing Salvationist in good standing.
- Valid State Driver’s License
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting, and carrying light objects (less than 30 lbs.) 5-10% of work time. Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with the changes in weather except when involved in on-site camping programs or camp reviews. Ability to travel as needed throughout the Southern Territory to work with divisional staff and college campus programs.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans and more!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 1/29/2024 – 2/11/2024
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family THQ-EXEMPT
- Job Function Education
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Required Education Associate Degree
- The Salvation Army South Territorial Headquarters, 1424 Northeast Expy, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA