Camp Head Maintenance
Location: Camp Rappahannock, Richardsville, VA
Position Type: Seasonal
About this opportunity:
This position is under the direction of the Camp Manager, assists in the maintenance and repair of the camp’s buildings, grounds, equipment and other facilities consistent with the mission and established policies and procedures of the camp.
- Reports to Camp Manager for assignments and work schedule.
- Meets with Program Director daily to make sure assigned meeting space are set up and cleaned properly.
- Ensures that Camp Maintenance have needed materials to continue work until completed.
- Trains and monitors the activity of Camp Maintenance.
- Keeps the Camp Maintenance crew on task. Ensure they follow thru with all assigned duties.
- Advises Camp Manager of completed duties and other needed work assignments.
- Reports to Camp Manager any problems with Camp Maintenance.
- Maintains camp grounds by operating necessary grounds care equipment such as mower, tractor, chain saws, etc., in safe and efficient manner.
- Be aware and make necessary changes to hazards found on camp grounds.
- Ensures all equipment remains in proper working order and compliance with standard operating procedures and safety standards.
- Locks and secures all equipment when not in use.
- Performs janitorial and general maintenance duties in buildings and areas designed. (Sweep, scrub, wax floors, wash windows and screens, pressure wash, etc.).
- Disposes of trash and waste from camp facilities and camp ground daily.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines, including local, state, and federal guidelines as well as American Camp Association accreditation standards.
- Assists with the set-up, clean and re-set meeting areas and rooms throughout the day as needed.
- Assists with camper luggage on opening and closing days.
- Operates a Salvation Army vehicle to pick-up and/or deliver materials
- Takes water to water areas as assigned.
- Participates enthusiastically as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
- Sits with camper tables during meals and serve as a table monitor when needed
- Keeps personal living quarters neat, clean and ready for inspection.
- Be available to participate and assist with camp programs and activities as directed by the Camp Director.
What we are looking for in you:
- Two years’ experience in a facility and site maintenance, construction, or grounds keeping business preferred
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Valid and Current Driver’s License
- CPR and First Aid Certification
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:Some physical requirements of the Camp Maintenance Supervisor position could be endurance including climbing, standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate maintenance equipment and activities are required. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate camper activities/programs and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Have a willingness to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours delivering a program in the facility available. Operate with daily exposure to the sun and heat and varying environmental conditions.
To learn more about Salvation Army Camps, click here!
Why work for us?
Since 1907, The Salvation Army has been operating camp programs across the southeast region of the United States. Today, The Salvation Army has eight camps in the Sout and over 40 across the country. Working a Salvation Army camp isn’t like other summer jobs. You will earn an income, you will receive invaluable job experience, and you will make friendships that will last you a lifetime – but, unlike most other summer jobs, you will also powerfully impact the life of a child or teen for the better. At Salvation Army camps, disadvantaged kids (in particular) have three square meals a day, have the opportunity to further develop social skills, learn creation care, feel valued, and encounter God’s love. You will never regret saying “yes” to camp this summer. Apply for a Salvation Army camp and be part of something bigger than yourself: making lives better in Jesus’ name.
Camp Staff Orientation will be held 06/10/2024 – 06/15/2024 and participation is required. The 2024 summer Camp program session will be held 06/17/2024 – 07/20/2024. If you are unable to work the entire season, please let us know on your application.
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon indicated on the job posting.
Application Submittal Period: 11/2023 – 06/2024
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family PMC-TEMP/SEAS/CAS
- Job Function Camp
- Pay Type Salary
- 21457 Happyland Dr, Richardsville, VA 22736, USA