Camp Dining Room Attendant
Location: Camp Rappahannock, Richardsville, VA
Position Type: Seasonal
About this opportunity:
This position is responsible for assisting in the preparation and serving of meals; coordinates the cleaning of the kitchen and dining area; maintains inventory.
- Assists in preparing meals, beverages and snacks; washes and chops fruits and vegetables; assists in the preparation of special meals to include picnics, guest dinners, etc.
- Coordinates the timing of camper meals with the music leader.
- Assists in serving meals ensuring appropriate proportions are provided; provides meal counts to the Dining Hall Manager.
- Maintains inventory; ensure items are stocked and organized with supplies; advised the Dining Hall Manager of any needs.
- Coordinates the cleaning of the dining hall to include: sweeping, mopping, polishing and waxing the kitchen and dining room floors. Ensures the cleanliness of the tables, chairs, condiment holders, refrigerators, freezers, ice machines, coffee makers, stoves, and ovens.
- Maintains awareness of the dining area to ensure safety, fire and health policies and procedures are observed at all times; reports any deviation to the Dining Hall Manager.
- Coordinates the disposal of trash and recyclables.
What we are looking for in you:
- Six months experience working in a kitchen preferred
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Certified in first aid and CPR
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Some physical requirements of the Camp Dining Room Attendant position could be endurance including climbing, standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate dining room equipment and activities are required. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate camper activities/programs and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Have a willingness to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours delivering a program in the facility available. Operate with daily exposure to the sun and heat and varying environmental conditions.
To learn more about Salvation Army Camps, click here!
Why work for us?
Since 1907, The Salvation Army has been operating camp programs across the southeast region of the United States. Today, The Salvation Army has eight camps in the Sout and over 40 across the country. Working a Salvation Army camp isn’t like other summer jobs. You will earn an income, you will receive invaluable job experience, and you will make friendships that will last you a lifetime – but, unlike most other summer jobs, you will also powerfully impact the life of a child or teen for the better. At Salvation Army camps, disadvantaged kids (in particular) have three square meals a day, have the opportunity to further develop social skills, learn creation care, feel valued, and encounter God’s love. You will never regret saying “yes” to camp this summer. Apply for a Salvation Army camp and be part of something bigger than yourself: making lives better in Jesus’ name.
Camp Staff Orientation will be held 06/DD/2024 – 06/DD/2024 and participation is required. The 2024 summer Camp program session will be held 06/DD/2024 – 06/DD/2024. If you are unable to work the entire season, please let us know on your application.
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon indicated on the job posting.
Application Submittal Period: 11/2023 – 06/2024
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family PMC-TEMP/SEAS/CAS
- Job Function Camp
- Pay Type Salary
- 21457 Happyland Dr, Richardsville, VA 22736, USA