Territorial Child & Adult Safety Coordinator
Location: Territorial Headquarters, Atlanta, GA
About this opportunity:
This position plans, develops, implements, evaluates, and administers the day-to-day operations, policies, and procedures of the Territorial Safe From Harm Program with the purpose of protecting children and adults from abuse.
- Develops and leads training sessions and events, including Train-the-Trainer sessions.
- Conducts audits to ensure that training is up-to-date and that all operations comply with the program policies and procedures.
- Supervises support staff responsible for maintaining up-to-date training records and a database to track certificates issued and training expirations.
What we are looking for in you:
- Master of Social Work (MSW) or comparable graduate degree from an accredited college or university. OR
- Four years of experience in administration or supervision of Salvation Army or comparable social service programs. OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Bona-Fide Occupational Qualification:
- Uniform Wearing Salvationist in Good Standing
- Valid State Driver’s License
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting, and carrying light objects (less than 30 lbs.) 5-10% of work time. Duties are usually performed seated. Sitting may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of standing or walking. Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like. Work requires regular travel throughout the Southern Territory to conduct evaluation and compliance audits and travel for training and conferences and may also require travel to participate in meetings or training held at National Headquarters or other USA Territories.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans and more!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 2/9/2024 – 2/25/2024
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family THQ-EXEMPT
- Job Function Case Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 25
- Telecommute % 20
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- The Salvation Army South Territorial Headquarters, 1424 Northeast Expy, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA