Housing Stabilization Specialist
Location: The Salvation Army Center of Hope– Charlotte, NC
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Pay Range: $21.25/hr
About this opportunity:
Provide stabilization case management services to individuals and families transitioning from emergency shelter with the goal of assisting them in attaining and maintaining an independent housing placement. Provide stabilization case management services to individuals and families placed into housing by Coordinated Intake Center and referred to The Salvation Army for case management. Provide housing location services to clients when needed. Provide initial and ongoing assessment and regular follow-up with referrals and linkages to community based services.
- Provide case management services to assigned caseload at the Center of Hope after clients complete the Coordinated Intake process.
- Provide housing location services when needed, including working with landlords, HAWS, and others to establish relationships, learn of unit availability, and maintain familiarity with housing requirements.
- Work with each client to establish a stabilization plan with a focus on ensuring long-term housing stability.
- Assess each client for supportive service needs, focusing on the following nine areas of concern: Health, Housing, Substance Abuse, Mental Health, Employment, Legal, Benefits, Financial Literacy, and Domestic Violence.
- Provide regularly scheduled case management to clients to ensure they are connected to appropriate community-based services.
- Provide basic budgeting information and support and assist the clients in setting short- and long-term goals to increase economic independence. Refer to appropriate agencies for more excellent budgeting and financial needs when needed.
- Collaborate with Center of Hope staff to provide crisis intervention with residents when needed.
- Connect clients to appropriate income assistance resources and assist clients with completing employment and disability applications when needed.
- Evaluate/measure client progress toward completing the goals and objectives identified in the service plan. Evaluation should also include other service providers and significant others.
What we are looking for in you:
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work; Human Services, Psychology Criminal Justice equivalent Master’s degree preferred
- Three years of experience in case management. Background working with the homeless population a plus. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Duties are usually performed seated. Sitting may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of standing or walking. Limited amount of physical effort require associated with walking, standing, lifting, and carrying light objects (less than 25lbs.) 5-10% of work time. Work is usually performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like, except for driving conditions.
- PTO after 90 days of employment
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about the name of program or location, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 02/14/2024 – 02/28/2024
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family NSC-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Case Management
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $21.25
- 534 Spratt St, Charlotte, NC 28206, USA