Camp Operations Director
Location: Rappahannock Camp & Retreat Center – Richardsville, VA
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
About this opportunity:
This position is responsible for developing and implementing camp programs and a strategic marketing plan for the Potomac Division’ Camp.
- Develop and/or assist in the development and maintenance of Master calendar of Maintenance/Repair for all physical structures, vehicles, and equipment.
- Develop a business plan with an emphasis on marketing and financial development of the camp
- Using the Divisional calendar as a foundation, develop and maintain a calendar of events and functions to identify potential dates for possible outside rentals and to minimize any potential scheduling conflicts.
- Prepares, maintains and updates rental policies, pricing, and risk management plan in order to ensure health, legal, and American Camping Association standards are maintained; attends conferences and seminars sponsored by the ACA to keep accreditation up-to-date; prepares all forms and presentation materials necessary for ACA inspection ; communicates, coordinates, and assists the Divisional Youth Secretary with maintaining staffing and policy standing in connection with the summer camping programs.
- Plan, schedule, assigns and supervises the work of subordinate administrative and maintenance personnel; trains and instruct employees in the proper methods and procedures; monitors work in progress and upon completion to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with established policies and procedures; conduct performance evaluations and provides salary and hiring/firing recommendations.
- Ensures that the Divisional Youth Secretary and other staff is informed of all upcoming events, including facilities needed, number of guests per group, arrival and departure times of groups, special requests, recreational requests, etc.
What we are looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations preferred or a related field, and
- Three years progressively responsible administrative experience managing an operation or camp of this size and complexity.
- Experience developing and implementing marketing plans and coordinating special events and/or seasonal camp.
- Experience in developing and implementing public relations campaigns and demonstrated experience in public speaking.
- At least two years previous supervisory experience.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Work may be performed in an office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like but not limited to the office environment. Work may require driving a vehicle and working outdoors with exposure to physical discomforts associated with changes in weather such as rain, cold, snow, heat or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about the name of program or location, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 02/12/2024 – 02/26/2024
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family PMC-EXEMPT
- Job Function Camp
- Pay Type Salary
- 21457 Happyland Dr, Richardsville, VA 22736, USA