Administrative Assistant & Human Resource Clerk
Location: Panama City Corps, Panama City, FL
Position Type: Regular Full-Time, Hourly
Pay Range: $18.50 - $19.50/hour
About this opportunity:
Relieves Corps Officer of administrative detail and administration operations, functions, and duties; performs advanced, complex, and often confidential human resources and administrative work with a broad scope of responsibilities.
- HR responsibilities - processes HR information and maintains the filing system of human resources documents; tracks attendance balances and leave requests; audits and performs data entry and edits in the time keeping system; assists with processing health insurance enrollment/termination information, background check submission requests and E-verify entries
- Prepares advanced and technical reports and spreadsheets from start to finish; prepares or compiles statistical reports.
- Coordinates information and arrangements for meetings and seminars.
- Responds to inquiries regarding departmental operations and ensures the office runs smoothly while the supervisor is absent.
What we are looking for in you:
- Two-year degree or equivalent college coursework AND
- Four years progressively responsible experience performing administrative work in a general office OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail with constant breaks in concentration associated with answering phones or speaking in person to clients requiring assistance.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently with limited supervision.
- Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) 5-10% of work time.
- Duties are usually performed seated. Sitting may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of standing or walking.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
- Work may require driving a vehicle where there may be discomforts associated with heavy traffic or changes in weather.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about The Salvation Army, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 02/12/2024 – 03/08/2024
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Human Resources
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.50
- Max Hiring Rate $19.50
- Required Education Associate Degree
- FL - Panama City, FL 1824 W 15th St. 32401, 1824 W 15th St, Panama City, Florida, United States of America