Location: Center of Hope, 1863 Capital Blvd. Raleigh, NC 27604
Position Type: Full-time
Pay Range: $14.15/hour
About this opportunity:
Prepares and serves meals; cleans kitchen equipment and kitchen facilities in compliance with health standards; washes dishes; sweeps, mops, and waxes floors; stocks foods, beverages, and supplies in an orderly and safe manner.
- Under the direction of the Kitchen Supervisor, prepares meals, beverages and snacks; washes and chops fruits and vegetables; mixes beverages and arranges snacks.serves as a resource to management when hiring, reclassifying or promoting employees by providing information on market pay practices
- Assists in serving meals ensuring appropriate proportions are provided.ensures daily administration of compensation programs are in compliance with current employment law.
- Washes, dries, and stores pots, pans, plates, glasses, cups, bowls, and utensils. Cleans tables, chairs, and condiment holders.
- Cleans refrigerators, freezers, ice machines, coffee makers, stoves, and ovens.
- Stocks foods, beverages, and supplies in an orderly and safe manner.
What we are looking for in you:
- One year experience working in a kitchen preferred,
any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge of cleaning practices, methods, and techniques. Ability to assist in the preparation and presentation of meals.
- Ability to wash dishes and kitchen appliances. Ability to clean kitchen and dining area.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Ability to meet attendance requirements.
Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language.
Duties are usually performed by frequent walking and/or standing, kneeling, or squatting relieved by lesser periods of sitting.
Works is performed in a normal kitchen environment where there may be limited physical discomforts associated with working around hot stoves/ovens or cold freezers.
- Health and life insurance available after 90 days.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holiday policy
- Retirement plan matching contributions available after one year of employment.
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 02/12/2024 – 02/16/2024
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family NSC-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Food Service
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.15
- Job Start Date Monday, February 26, 2024
- 1863 Capital Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27604, USA