Program Coordinator_NE-ALM_701-Social Services Department
Program Coordinator-NE_Social Services Department-701
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Location: The Salvation Army Corps Alexandria, LA
Position Type: Regular Full Time / Hourly
Pay Range:$17.00- $17.50
About this opportunity:
This position is responsible for Supervising, coordinating, monitoring, planning, and participating in the day-to-day operations of a Salvation Army program.
- Coordinates staff and shelter for homeless individuals seeking entry into Salvation Army programs.
- Participates in casework ensuring compliance with program policies and procedures.
- Prepares statistical reports.
- Develops and writes Annual Performance Reports (APRs), ensures meeting compliance of rules and regulations of grants and reports issues to supervisor.
- Supervises, oversees, accepts, and processes residents staying in shelter overnight.
- Monitors the activity of residents on an assigned shift ensuring safety, security, and compliance to house rules.
- Maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information.
- Ensures that shelter is maintained in a neat and proper order.
What we are looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work or a related field,
- Two years progressively responsible experience performing social services work with at least one year in a supervisory capacity,
- any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Valid Driver License.
- First aid and CPR certifications
- Certification required to dispense medication.
- HMIS certification or ability to obtain license within 60 days of employment.
- Drug tests and Breathalyzer Training and Certification
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Health Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Aflac Supplemental - Critical Illness; Accident; Hospital; Vision; Dental
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Leave Time
- Retirement Plans
To learn more about the Salvation Army Corps located in Alexandria, LA please visit the website below.
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 2/12/24 -2/26/24
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family ALM-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Social Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.00
- Max Hiring Rate $17.50
- Alexandria, LA, USA