Supervisor, Client Operations
Client Operations Supervisor
Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Director of Client Operations and the general instruction of the Facility Contact at various facilities, the Client Operations Supervisor is responsible for the efficient operation of assigned accounts. In addition, the Client Operations Supervisor will also assist in training, staffing, customer service functions, and providing coverage at various sites. The Client Operations Supervisor will work onsite each day and travel between sites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answers day-to-day questions posed by clients and Release of Information Specialists (ROIS).
- Responsible for meeting facility revenue goals on a consistent basis.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to increase productivity.
- Complies with all release of information related functions, as stipulated by service agreement.
- Prepares weekly dashboard and month-end Operational performance reports Monitors productivity and quality to ensure high customer service satisfaction.
- Assists the Director of Client Operations in the training and evaluation of ROIS staff, both onsite and remote.
- Assists in selecting, interviewing, hiring and terminating of employees.
- Participates in counseling sessions of site personnel and makes disciplinary or termination recommendations, when necessary.
- Manages scheduling of onsite staff to include time off requests and payroll approval
- Assists remote supervisors with the coordination of work.
- Distributes workflow to site personnel.
- Maintains confidentiality by keeping all information seen and heard in the facility secure.
- Provides input into the review and revision of site procedure.
- Performs quality reviews and site evaluations as required by clients.
- Reviews release of information requests for validity according to applicable state or federal statutes; returns inappropriate authorizations and requests to the requester.
- Looks up medical record numbers, fills out guides and pulls medical records, when appropriate.
- Reviews the requests to determine which encounters are being requested.
- Scans and/or captures electronically, the medical record and chooses the appropriate information to be duplicated.
- Captures the appropriate pages for the requested records, when appropriate.
- Re-assembles the charts (if paper) for re-filing.
- Logs information that is being sent to the requester either manually or using company software in accordance with the facility procedure.
- Documents the release of information in the patient medical record or other means determined by the facility.
- Calculates billing and prepares invoices, as needed.
- Certifies medical records copies, when appropriate.
- Attends all mandatory meetings and/or training sessions.
- Ensures supplies are available at designated facility.
- Submits company-related travel expense reports and original receipts to manager in a timely fashion.
- Complies with and provides guidance on Company Policies, as identified in the Company Handbook.
- Performs other appropriate duties, as assigned, to meet the needs of the department and the company.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required, some college preferred.
- RHIT Certification, preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and a history of safe driving.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, staff members and management.
- Experience with medical records or healthcare, beneficial.
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy information standards, required.
- Medical terminology coursework, preferred
- RHIT certification or the ability to take and pass an ROI Certification course with a score of 85% or higher, within 90 days is required.
- Ability to travel.
- Job Family Management / Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $24.00
- Max Hiring Rate $26.00
- Travel % 0
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA