Field Service Technician
Boston, MA, USA Req #308
Friday, June 30, 2023
Vicinity Energy is North America’s largest provider of district energy solutions, offering low carbon energy to most of the iconic buildings you see in the skylines of Boston, Cambridge, Philadelphia, Baltimore and many other cities in the US. As a member of the communities we serve, all of us at Vicinity understand the critical role we play in reducing the impacts of climate change and being a leader in decarbonization. We are committed to net zero and eliminating our reliance on fossil fuels, but we need the best and the brightest minds on our team to help us reach our goal, not only for us as a company, but for our customers, our communities, and our planet.
Performs a variety of customer service-related work in mechanical, piping, controls and HVAC Chilled Water and Hydronic Heating Systems. The service work includes but is not limited to installation, repair and troubleshooting, and maintenance of customer equipment presently on Boston's District Steam System. This is a full- time hourly position, reporting to the Distribution Supervisor in Boston, MA. This position is a member of the Bargaining Unit Member of the IUOE, Local 877.The hourly rate for this position is $54.09.
• All activities covered under Mechanic I.
• Ability to perform soldering, burning and to conduct service and repairs such as valve rebuilding, re-packing and replacement, reading and interpreting mechanical prints, understanding principles and components of steam, hot water, chilled water and HVAC distribution and basic controls.
• To test, repair, replace and service major steam, condensate, hot water and chilled water components such as pumps, PRV's, steam traps, heat exchangers and hot water systems.
• Proficient understanding and use of all conventional tools and meters to maintain, repair, calibrate and test components found in the systems described above.
• Prepares technical reports to accurately describe conditions and work performed.
• Prepares appropriate service documentation for billing and completion of service orders.
• Prepare work scope and price estimates for project work.
• Maintain and develop good customer relations while promoting the image of the company.
• Assist others as required.
• All other related duties.
Qualifications and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 5 plus years of experience working in the trades in a field service role.
• Required adhering to customer and facility rules and regulations.
• Must have a Class D Driver’s License and a clean drivers record
• Requires at least 2 of the following licenses:
a. MA Journeyman Pipe fitter’s
b. MA plumber's licenses.
c. MA HVAC
• The following licenses are a plus
a. Burner Technician license
b. Electrical licenses
• Able to follow DOT regulations when required.
• Required to wear a half face respirator or powered air respirators (PAPR) or proper safety procedures warrant use.
• Required to lift and / or operate machinery, tools, etc., weighing up to 50 pounds, unassisted.
• Required to work in confined spaces.
• Required climbing ladders, and / or stairs.
• Required to work in all adverse conditions, both indoors and outdoors all seasons.
• Required to work in hot areas.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA