Technical Support Engineer II
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Technical Support Engineer II
The Technical Support Engineer II is responsible for responding to and resolving all organization wide requests for help. Day to day responsibilities consist of: Installing, testing, maintaining, and troubleshooting end user workstations and interrelated hardware and software, Active Directory user management, troubleshooting of mobile devices, voice, and CCTV networks, escalating issues, accordingly, point of escalation for level 1 engineers and maintaining communication with customers and Technical teams. Provide site and application documentation and successfully complete special projects as assigned by managers.
Location: 135 West 50th Street • New York, NY 10020
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration, MIS, or equivalent discipline with 7 years experience with Microsoft Windows desktop, server level 2 support, hosted and premise voice and CCTV systems, or satisfactory combination of education and experience. Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette skills, excellent verbal, and written communication skills. Team player. Detail oriented and strong problem-solving capabilities with the ability to work on multiple, concurrent tasks and adapt to shifting priorities. Take initiative, and response to time-sensitive situations are essential, along with discretion and good sense in dealing with clients.
Required Certification: Network+ and Security+, ITIL Foundation, MCSA Windows 10, MCSA Server 2012 and 2016, Office 365
Technical Support Engineer Principal Responsibilities:
- Taking initial telephone or email inquiries, troubleshooting, and managing relatively simple to complex hardware, software, or network problems.
- Use Remote Monitoring tools and call tracking to log and route tickets in a high-call volume environment (e.g., Kaseya).
- Respond to and resolve all Level 1 and Level 2 desktop, server, and network issues. Point of escalation for all Tier 1 engineers providing support and technical expertise.
- Support Microsoft Windows and Apple MAC environments, including the windows stack, Active Directory, and hosted e-mail systems. Imaging and Deploying Desktops and Laptops for end users.
- Expert level Management and Monitoring of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows Shares, Antivirus, and backup servers.
- Creating and maintaining client-related documentation. Actively participate as a strategic member of the technology team, including contributing in team meetings and providing technical support for our managed service clients.
- Patch Management of Servers and Workstations in Domain.
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Information Technology/Systems
- Job Function Helpdesk
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $72,500.00
- Max Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- New York, NY 10020, USA