Client Care Worker/Residential Aide
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Client Care Worker/Residential Aide
The Client Care Warker/Residential Aide meets the needs of the program clients and promotes client participation in services leading to successful graduation to independent living. Residential Aides perform a wide variety of tasks including overseeing program operations, protecting client rights, promoting client and co-worker safety, transporting clients as needed and ensuring client adherence to rules and program activities.
Jamaica Women’s Employment Shelter is a transitional shelter for women who are experiencing homelessness and are employed or deemed employable, and; referred by the New York City Department of Homeless Services (DHS). To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/housing
Location: 95–10 218th Street • Queens Village, NY 11429
High school diploma or GED preferred plus one-year relevant experience. Clean and valid driver’s license preferred.
Client Care Worker/Residential Aide Principal Responsibilities:
- Supervise client participation in daily program activities, monitor observance of client’s rights and client adherence to program rules and routines. Escort clients to appointments, manage bed assignments, collect census data, distribute client linens and supplies.
- Maintain knowledge of service models. Communicate with case management staff and perform assigned tasks related to model service delivery.
- Make scheduled rounds of assigned areas to safeguard clients and property and promote appropriate behavior. Provide emergency response including crisis management, first aid, CPR, and fire response as needed.
- Report any instances of violations of client rights, incidents involving clients’ non-compliance of rules and regulations and any criminal activity promptly to the supervisor. Complete Incident Reports as outlined by the Program Manual and Funder guidelines.
- Drive agency vehicles to transport clients, staff, and materials, if assigned.
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family CASE MANAGEMENT
- Job Function Counseling
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- Required Education High School
- Jamaica, NY 11429, USA