Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Program Coordinator
The CEEP Program Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day functions of the Community Engagement & Employment Program at a VOA-GNY Shelter (Schwartz). The Program Coordinator will develop, and coordinate program services, assist in the development of program curriculum, and ensures tracking and achievement of outcomes.
The Schwartz Assessment Shelter is a shelter for men operating 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Clients are referred to the program by the New York City Department of Homeless Services. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/housing
Location: 65 Charles Gay Loop • Wards Island, NY 10035
Bachelor’s degree or 60 college credits and /or associate's degree with relevant experience with adult education in the social service field. Good Interpersonal skills. Skilled in Microsoft Office. Valid driver's license in good standing.
Program Coordinator Principal Responsibilities:
- Oversee activities of CEEP program including, but not limited to, coordinating special events, graduations, activities, groups, trainings, and off-site services.
- Establish and maintain case files on CEEP clients. Evaluate and report individual progress of CEEP participants.
- Maintain and report required information for attendance, participation, program completion and three-month post placement.
- Engage in public awareness to recruit possible internships and/or job placements for participants.
- Provide supervision to direct reports and supervisory coverage at the shelter.
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Program Services - Administration
- Job Function Coordination
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $26.53
- Max Hiring Rate $26.53
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- New York, NY 10035, USA