Maintenance Worker II
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
The Maintenance Worker II is responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of the building and grounds including some minor repairs. Assists in managing the preventative maintenance program.
Volunteers of America-Greater New York’s Divinity program offers scattered-site apartments for chronically homeless, single adults whose substance abuse disorders are a primary barrier to their independent living, and who also have a disabling clinical condition. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/housing.
Location: 349 East 149th Street, Suite 800 • Bronx, NY 10451
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
High School diploma or GED with two years of maintenance experience.
Maintenance Worker II Principal Responsibilities:
- Clean and repair facility in accordance with the schedule.
- Assist in preparing facility areas for appropriate program use.
- Complete work orders.
- Accept and transport deliveries of supplies, furniture, and other program materials.
- Assist in inventory control.
- Assist in routine site safety inspections and preventive maintenance, which may include heating, refrigeration, boilers, plumbing units, equipment, and fixtures.
- Perform other duties as required.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Real Estate - Property Management
- Job Function Property Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- Required Education High School
- Bronx, NY 10451, USA