Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
The Shift Supervisor/Concierge assists clients and guests, ensuring their requests are met. They coordinate the non-clinical needs of families and guests, by greeting, managing, maintaining security, and coordinating the operations of the client care team.
Victory I is a facility that provides comprehensive services and safe, anonymous housing for individuals and their children experiencing domestic violence. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/dv
The position requires a high school degree or GED with at least two years of relevant experience. This position requires a valid state driver’s license with a safe driving record that meets agency policy. Must maintain agency authorized driver status.
Shift Supervisor/Concierge Principal Responsibilities:
- Supervise all front desk staff activities to ensure adherence to policy and procedures. Ensures proper documentation of front desk activities.
- Monitor building safety. Make scheduled rounds of assigned areas to safeguard clients and property.
- Oversee client participation in daily program activities. Provide optimal customer service.
- Arrange and transport clients to appointments, escort clients to assigned apartments, distribute linens and supplies. Drive agency vehicles to transport clients, if assigned.
- Accept new clients in electronic records database.
- Provide emergency response including crisis management, first aid, CPR, and fire response as needed.
- Complete Incident Reports as outlined by the Program Manual and Funder guidelines.
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including
- Prescription coverage
- Life insurance,
- Retirement plan
- Educational Reimbursement Program (includes tuition and license/certification)
- Paid Time Off which is accrued monthly and roles over from year to year. In addition;
- Paid Birthday Holiday
- And much more…
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Front Desk/Reception
- Job Function Reception
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $24.09
- Max Hiring Rate $24.09
- Required Education High School
- Bronx, NY, USA