Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
The Recreation Assistant is responsible for the direct supervision of the clients in their assigned area, and for enforcing applicable rules and providing assistance as needed.
New Hope Shelter is a program that provides comprehensive services and safe, anonymous housing for individuals and their children experiencing domestic violence. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/dv
Two years of college and one year of related experience or high school diploma and two years of related experience.
Recreation Assistant Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist with the implementation of scheduled recreational activities and motivate client participation in the recreation program.
- Monitor the recreational activities to ensure compliance with established regulations.
- Present appropriate role model for client behavior and comply with relevant policies and procedures of Volunteers of America.
- De-escalate conflicts among the client population through non-violent intervention.
- Instruct and demonstrate to groups and individuals the basic rules and finer points of various sports.
- Issue, collect and account for recreation equipment.
- Identify and refer those consumers who require medical, social services, and/or other program services to appropriate personnel.
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including
- Prescription coverage
- Life insurance,
- Retirement plan
- Educational Reimbursement Program (includes tuition and license/certification)
- Paid Time Off which is accrued monthly and roles over from year to year. In addition;
- Paid Birthday Holiday
- And much more…
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Childcare
- Job Function Childcare
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.57
- Max Hiring Rate $17.57
- Required Education Some College
- Brooklyn, NY, USA