Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Case Manager
The Case Manager works with clients experiencing domestic violence to assess their strengths and needs, plan a course of action, link the client to services, counsel the client and monitor progress.
Liberty House is a program that provides comprehensive services and safe, anonymous housing for individuals and their children experiencing domestic violence. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/dv
60 college credits plus two years relevant experience within domestic violence population. The position also requires a demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication, including basic computer skills.
Case Manager Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage the client intake and assessment process to orient the client to the program and produce a comprehensive assessment of client service needs.
- Develop with the client a mutually agreed-upon individual service plan reflecting assessment findings goals. Update the plan with the client as required.
- Meet regularly with the client to assist him/her in obtaining needed services/benefits to achieve their individual service plan goals. Provide supportive counseling to strengthen his/her ability to make appropriate life decisions.
- Document case management activities in accordance with agency and funder guidelines and procedures. Collect service data and participate in evaluation and quality assurance activities.
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including
- Prescription coverage
- Life insurance,
- Retirement plan
- Educational Reimbursement Program (includes tuition and license/certification)
- Paid Time Off which is accrued monthly and roles over from year to year. In addition;
- Paid Birthday Holiday
- And much more…
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family CASE MANAGEMENT
- Job Function Counseling
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.08
- Max Hiring Rate $20.08
- Required Education Associate Degree
- New York, NY, USA