Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
The Driver/Family Monitor provides support services at designated locations at the family residence. Provides family assistance, such as escorts, incident reporting, and crisis intervention.
Liberty House is a program that provides comprehensive services and safe, anonymous housing for individuals and their children experiencing domestic violence. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/dv
High school diploma plus two years experience with a similar population. Also requires the ability to maintain good working relationships with families and staff.
- Maintain the safety and security of all families in the facility including enforcement of facility rules and regulations.
- Maintain appropriate helping relationship with families and respond to their needs and concerns.
- Provide functions, including new family registration, reception of visitors, security rounds, and other designated functions.
- In the absence of a driver, drive facility vehicle for transportation of clients.
- Participate in scheduled team meetings and case reviews on assigned client families.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including
- Prescription coverage
- Life insurance,
- Retirement plan
- Educational Reimbursement Program (includes tuition and license/certification)
- Paid Time Off which is accrued monthly and roles over from year to year. In addition;
- Paid Birthday Holiday
- And much more…
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Driver
- Job Function Driver
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.57
- Max Hiring Rate $17.57
- Required Education High School
- New York, NY, USA