Social Work Supervisor/Clinical Coordinator
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
The Social Work Supervisor/Clinical Coordinator primary role will be assisting clients in a domestic violence shelter environment. This position will carry a caseload of high-need shelter clients and will work with them towards addressing related needs. This position will also conduct psychiatric assessments with clients as part of the housing application process. Bilingual skills in English/Spanish are preferred. Evening and/or weekend hours may be required. The Clinical Coordinator will supervise the Social Worker, Art Therapist and Client Care Coordinator Supervisor.
Victory I is a facility that provides comprehensive services and safe, anonymous housing for individuals and their children experiencing domestic violence. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/dv
Master’s degree in Social Work. LCSW required. Minimum of two years of relevant experience, including three years supervisory experience.
Social Work Supervisor/Clinical Coordinator Principal Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Case Manager Supervisor, Art Therapist and Social Worker. Hold monthly supervision meetings with staff supervised.
- Provide direct services to a small caseload of clients with intense clinical needs.
- Complete psychiatric assessments for use in housing applications.
- Maintain case records and statistics for program. Monitor staff performance, including performing case reviews and structured observations.
- Provide appropriate case management and therapeutic interventions including family case management, individual domestic violence counseling, group domestic violence counseling, youth support services, housing search assistance and employment preparation.
- Provide clinical oversight, intervention, and emergency response to address client critical incidents.
- Ensure support and education are provided and documented to assist residents in their transition into the community including referrals to appropriate social service agencies when the facility.
- Provide emergency clinical on-call after hour support to the staff and the clients during crisis.
- Create and maintain a wellness and recovery-oriented environment by using person-first language, respectful documentation, person centered planning, and evidence-based practices.
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family CASE MANAGEMENT
- Job Function Counseling
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $80,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $80,000.00
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Bronx, NY, USA