Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
The Social Worker ensures the program provides comprehensive and integrated on-site social service that helps residents restore and rebuild their lives while healing from their experience of domestic violence. The Social Worker is responsible that the domestic violence program meets the highest possible standards of health and safety and provides all needed quality services to residents to meet contractual and regulatory requirements.
Victory I is a facility that provides comprehensive services and safe, anonymous housing for individuals and their children experiencing domestic violence. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/dv
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
The position requires a Master’s degree in Social Work with and two years of relevant experience working with individuals or families of domestic violence is required.
- Provide appropriate case management and therapeutic interventions including family case management, individual domestic violence counseling, group domestic violence counseling, youth support services, housing search assistance and employment preparation.
- Supervise the Case Manager Supervisor, Art Therapist and Social Worker.
- Maintain case records and statistics for program.
- Create and maintain a wellness and recovery-oriented environment by using person-first language, respectful documentation, person centered planning, and evidence-based practices.
- Provide clinical supervision to assist staff with integrating trauma informed care and evidence-based practices.
- Ensure support and education are provided and documented to assist residents in their transition into the community including referrals to appropriate social service agencies when the facility does not provide the needed service.
- Conduct all screening and intake assessments to determine eligibility to the program.
- Provide ongoing risk assessments and crisis intervention for victims and their children.
- Provide clinical oversight, intervention and emergency response to address client critical incidents, including emergency on-call after hour support to the staff and the clients during crisis.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family CASE MANAGEMENT
- Job Function Counseling
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $62,640.00
- Max Hiring Rate $62,640.00
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Bronx, NY, USA