About Voyant Beauty
As a full-service partner to both leading and emerging brands, Voyant Beauty helps clients compete in the beauty landscape—offering everything from marketing insights and ingredient research to development and manufacturing of award-winning products. Our business and processes are designed to help clients satisfy real consumer needs.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
We are seeking an influential Environmental, Health, & Safety (EH&S) Manager with a progressive leadership style and a hands-on leader with strengths in compliance, facilitation, and collaboration. As the EH&S Manager, you will drive improvements, tackling and implementing projects and initiatives and lead, coach, and mentor a small EH&S staff.
The EH&S Manager will work in our Ridgefield, NJ manufacturing facility.
Environmental / Safety
- Facilitate and lead joint employee-management EH&S committees.
- Drive and implement a total Safety Culture using behavior-based methodologies.
- Review Safety and Work practices at plant level and conduct Incident Investigations with GM and other facility personnel.
- Develop, implement, and manage appropriate emergency response programs including ensuring proper training is conducted and drills completed.
- Facilitate the return to work of injured workers and manages Workers Compensation claims.
- Develop and lead site specific EH&S improvement initiatives such as waste reduction, injury avoidance and improved employee involvement.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with facility environmental permits and acts as a primary liaison with government inspectors.
- Manage the collection, storage, transportation, and shipping of hazardous waste.
- Manage Title V Air Permitting and compliance, wastewater permits, storm water permits, RCRA and remediation programs.
- Provide prompt and complete communications with corporate EH&S personnel regarding incidents and spills as required by corporate requirements.
- Conduct routine site review with leadership team to define site-specific EH&S goals and monitor progress.
- Conduct and accurately document routine EH&S (including security) audits and inspections.
Process Safety Management
- Develop and manage projects related to PSM.
- Prepare activity reports to keep the PSM and EH&S team members informed.
- Prepare and maintain the management systems required to maintain compliance.
- OSHA / EPA and other mandatory local, state, and federal topics.
- Develop and promote programs to educate first level supervisors and managers to effectively instruct employees.
- Perform audits, reporting, and investigations.
- Manage contracted services and support corporate guidelines.
- Manage and coordinate all programs for compliance with PSM and RMP standards.
Education & Qualifications Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or related discipline.
- 5 + years' experience managing or supervising EH&S in a manufacturing environment with evidence of continual improvement success.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and deliver a variety of training topics.
- Demonstrated success as a hands-on leader / manager with a sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects under pressure.
- Functional strength in safety management and at least a working knowledge of environmental regulations and the regulatory process
- Must be able to work on an on-call basis (24 / 7 facility).
- Ability to drive organizational change.
- Other tasks as required.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of federal, state / provincial, and local EHS regulations is required
- Certified Safety Professional or other EH&S related certifications.
- Experience with Title V Air Permitting and compliance, wastewater permits, storm water permits, RCRA and remediation programs.
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk Management Plans (RMP) or E2.
- Experience in the consumer products industry.
- Experience with hazardous chemicals.
Voyant Beauty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company hasfacilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Family Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Ridgefield, NJ, USA