The Quality Lab Technician works closely with Manufacturing and our Customer Base to ensure that Customers Quality expectations are met or exceeded and ensures that the facility is operating within regulatory guidelines. The Quality Lab Technician oversees the day to day activities of the Raw Material and In-Process Bulk Laboratories.
This position will be on 2nd Shift.
Primary responsibilities are:
Raw materials and bulk that voyant Beauty receives.
- Tests samples that the Laboratory Clerk submits for approval. If rejected, issue an NCMR (nonconformance report) and notify Customer Service, purchasing and the customer
- Sample raw materials, while demonstrating aseptic handling techniques
- Sends out customer samples
- Maintains Certificates of Analysis (C of A) for bulk that Voyant Beauty does not manufacture
Bulk and finished that voyant Beauty manufactures.
- Puts dyes into a percent solution formula
- Percent solution formula provides the correct specification to add color
- Provide the specifications to the Compounder to color the batches
- Gets a sample of the finished bulk products and finished goods to test for pH, viscosity, odor, color and appearance (cloudiness)
- Determine if sample matches the specification. If rejected, issue an NCMR (nonconformance report) and notify Customer Service, purchasing and the customer.
- Generate C of A (Certificate of Analysis) for any bulk that leaves the building
- Retest bulk as needed for color, odor and appearance and change status in AS400 as needed. Note nonconformance’s to Customer Service and the customer via NCMR
- Write NCMRs for non-conforming and expired raw materials
- Maintains standards and samples
- Enforce Current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP’s) and company policies
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
- Recertify to be a “certified nose” and "certified color vision" each year via designed tests
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for his position.
- No experience required if you have Bachelors degree with a basis in chemistry or in a cosmetic, pharmaceutical or related industry in Quality Assurance / Quality Control
- 1 year experience in a lab setting required if you have an Associates degree with a basis in chemistry, or in a cosmetic, pharmaceutical or related industry in Quality Assurance / Quality Control
- 3 to 5 years experience in a lab setting required if you have a High School or GED equivalent in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical or related industry in Quality Assurance / Quality Control
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculation
- Ability to use a counting scale and RF Scanner
- Knowledge of computers and programs contained with Microsoft Office, AS 400, various customer databases (i.e. SAP, Interspec) QCBD
- Able to participate in a team-oriented environment, willingness to assist and train others
- Demonstrate safe behavior and support department/plant Safety goals in a continuous improvement process
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, weekends before and after schedule as needed
- Must be comfortable directing other people
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Bilingual Spanish/English, a plus.
Voyant Beauty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company hasfacilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Family Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Hourly
- Holmdel Rd, Holmdel, NJ, USA