Facility Mechanic Lead
Maintenance Mechanic 2nd Shift
Repairs and maintains machinery on all equipment on the production floor and manufacturing areas. This includes but is not limited to mechanical, fluid power, electrical and electronic up to but not including discrete electronic components. Repairs and maintains facility equipment. Must keep abreast of new and changing technologies in the equipment and maintenance fields which relate to cosmetics and personal care products. Will assist the engineering group in equipment improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Observes mechanical equipment in operation and uses audio and visual inspection to prevent machine failure.
- Performs electrical and fluid power work on equipment in production and manufacturing.
- Dismantles production and manufacturing equipment and devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, install new or repaired parts, and reassemble the equipment and ensure production standard rates.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Follows required Preventative maintenance schedule by repairing or replacing defective parts, installing special functional and structural parts in equipment or devices and lubricating and cleaning of parts and or equipment.
- Starts equipment and devices to test their performance.
- Assists the mechanical staff in the correct set up procedures and operation of equipment.
- Works in any work center on the production floor and/or where needed as directed by their supervisors.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Assists in assessing and maintaining a safe work environment in the production areas by performing routine self audits and reporting the results to the supervisor
- Job Family Hourly
- Pay Type Hourly
- Holmdel, NJ, USA