Transportation Program Analyst
Energetics is seeking a Transportation Program Analyst to work on a variety of activities in our Washington, DC and Columbia, MD offices. This is your chance to grow your skills and knowledge while gaining experience in the energy consulting business. Join our team and help turn ideas into real impacts! We work with the U.S. Department of Energy, public and private vehicle fleets, State and local government energy offices, and other municipal offices.
At Energetics, you’ll collaborate with other consulting professionals in the energy, sustainability, and resilience fields. As part of your work, you’ll gain knowledge about cutting-edge technologies, policies and trends. You’ll interact with customers, subject matter experts, research investigators and other specialists as you gather information about the latest developments.
The Transportation Program Analyst will be responsible for supporting programs in the areas of vehicle technologies and sustainable transportation for our government and commercial sector clients. Everyday duties could include interfacing with clients, researching trends and technologies, leading project teams to develop reports, program plans or other documents, and engaging in meetings with stakeholders. Successful candidates will be willing to take on a range of assignments in a diversity of areas including advanced vehicles, energy efficiency, and grid resilience.
As you grow and expand your career, you’ll be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, professional development, employee incentive programs, and company-sponsored training. We encourage continuous growth and professional development – and will help you successfully develop the career you want.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide research and analytical support for transportation technology research and demonstration projects
- Evaluate technical and economic feasibility and market trends of advanced transportation technologies
- Assist with data collection and analysis of vehicle operations or charging station use
- Prepare materials to educate and inform stakeholders on vehicle technologies and sustainable transportation strategies
- Use and/or develop computer tools to facilitate research and analysis tasks
- Review technical reports, compile technical information, and develop other written materials as requested
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in policy, social sciences, economics, science or engineering fields
- 2 - 4 years of professional experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written)
- Able to author papers, reports, program plans or other communications for technical or non-technical audiences
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Master’s degree in policy, social sciences, economics, science or engineering fields
- Demonstrated experience in consulting
- Electrical knowledge
- Alternative fuels and transportation electrification familiarity
- Hands-on experience with automotive systems
- Data analytics and visualization experience (e.g., Python, R, Matlab, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau)
- Geographical Information System (GIS) program use and results analysis
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
At VSE, we don’t just hire employees; we nurture careers and champion well-being. We understand that our success is driven by the people who make up our incredible team, and that’s why we’re committed to providing a workplace that goes beyond just a job-it’s a place where you can truly flourish. When you choose VSE, you’re choosing a company that prioritizes YOU.
Let us tell you why:
Time Off: Enjoy Paid Time Off to relax and recharge.
Family Support: We offer Paid Maternity Leave and Paid Bonding Leave, along with access to our Employee Assistance Program, ensuring your family’s well-being.
Education: Pursue your educational goals with Tuition Reimbursement for Undergrad, Technical, and Graduate Programs.
Financial Security: We offer a 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan to secure your financial future. Healthcare: Your health is essential, and we provide Health, Dental, and Vision Care.
Flexible Spending: Take advantage of HSA, FSA, and Dependent Care plans for added flexibility.
Insurance: We've got you covered with Short-Term and Long-Term disability insurance.
Competitive Salaries: Your hard work is rewarded with competitive salaries. Ready to be part of a company that values you as much as your skills and expertise?
Join VSE and let’s take your career to new heights while ensuring your well-being every step of the way. Come grow with us. Your future begins here. Apply TODAY!
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbia, MD, USA
- Washington, DC, USA