SUMMARY: Energetics seeks interns with strong research and technical skills to join our team. Candidates will be assisting with a variety of tasks for our clients, which could include data collection, management, and analysis; technology research; information synthesis for report and presentation development; and providing general assistance for evaluation of new technologies. Interns will work on exciting projects in diverse energy and resilience fields, including sustainable transportation (electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles), advanced manufacturing, energy-efficient buildings, renewable energy, infrastructure protection, and climate (resilience, adaptation, carbon management, decarbonization). Many projects focus on the cutting edge of technology and science trends – providing opportunities to grow your knowledge and skills in areas important to a resilient and sustainable world.
This paid internship typically spans 8 to 12 weeks (some may be longer) with flexible start and end dates. In light of the ongoing limitations related to the pandemic, both onsite and remote candidates will be considered for 2022 internships. Onsite candidates can work in one of four offices (Columbia, MD, Washington, DC, San Diego, CA, and Clinton, NY). Compensation for this internship will be commensurate with experience. Interns will be asked to complete a capstone or defined project under the guidance of a supervising staff or team.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with a detailed explanation of how your skills and background align with the needs and qualifications of the position when you apply, along with a writing sample (e.g., written report or paper, etc.).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing research and analytical support for technology RD&D projects
- Evaluating technical and economic feasibility and market trends of advanced technologies
- Assisting with data collection related to energy, climate, or other trends
- Using and/or developing computational tools to facilitate research and analysis tasks
- Reviewing technical reports, compiling technical information, and developing other written materials as requested
- Standing Junior working toward Bachelor’s degree or new graduate in an engineering, environmental science, or technical field.
- 0-6 months of related experience (prior internships included)
- Strong technical and analytical capabilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel
- Good communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written)
- In compliance with Executive Order 14042, any successful applicant for this position could be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an accommodation from the vaccination requirement based on disability or sincerely held religious belief, on or before the start date.
- Graduate students working toward a Master’s degree will also be considered.
- Strong interest in energy efficiency and clean energy, and sustainability
- Familiarity with information and data analysis
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
At VSE, we don’t just hire employees; we nurture careers and champion well-being. We understand that our success is driven by the people who make up our incredible team, and that’s why we’re committed to providing a workplace that goes beyond just a job-it’s a place where you can truly flourish. When you choose VSE, you’re choosing a company that prioritizes YOU.
Let us tell you why:
Time Off: Enjoy Paid Time Off to relax and recharge.
Family Support: We offer Paid Maternity Leave and Paid Bonding Leave, along with access to our Employee Assistance Program, ensuring your family’s well-being.
Education: Pursue your educational goals with Tuition Reimbursement for Undergrad, Technical, and Graduate Programs.
Financial Security: We offer a 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan to secure your financial future.
Healthcare: Your health is essential, and we provide Health, Dental, and Vision Care.
Flexible Spending: Take advantage of HSA, FSA, and Dependent Care plans for added flexibility.
Insurance: We've got you covered with Short-Term and Long-Term disability insurance.
Competitive Salaries: Your hard work is rewarded with competitive salaries. Ready to be part of a company that values you as much as your skills and expertise?
Join VSE and let’s take your career to new heights while ensuring your well-being every step of the way. Come grow with us. Your future begins here. Apply TODAY!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bellingham, WA, USA
- Clinton, NY 13323, USA
- Columbia, MD, USA
- Lafayette, CO, USA
- San Diego, CA, USA
- United States
- Washington, DC, USA