Customer Solutions Center
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Careers Available at Washington Trust!
Our Customer Solutions Center Employees create an environment of trust and an exceptional experience for our customers. We’re looking to add to our Call Center team.
If you’re an experienced banking professional, or you have similar work experience with skills that will successfully assist you to grow into this role, this opportunity may be for you.
What your responsibilities will be:
· Process customer transactions accurately while actively engaging with the customer over the phone
· Understanding and applying bank policies and procedures
· Provide a superior banking experience for the customer through a relationship building approach
· Proactively seek and recommend the best products and services to fit the customer’s needs
· Contribute to the achievement of sales objectives
Qualifications that make you a good fit:
· Enthusiasm for working with customers
· Professional telephone skills and the ability to deal effectively with customers while assisting with problem resolution
· Possessing the initiative to be successful
· Proven experience in a customer service environment, prior banking, or financial services experience a plus
· An understanding of personal finance which includes bank products and services
· Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate various banking computer systems
· Experience dealing with confidential customer information
· The ability to initiate and maintain conversations that result in customer trust and banking relationships
· Great listening skills to identify products and services to meet customer needs
· Flexibility to adapt to ongoing business changes
*Bilingual language skills (English/Spanish) preferred
What we offer:
· Exceptional training and professional development from day one. We combine classroom and on-the job training with experienced mentors to support you during your development
· A Career Development Plan that gives you the knowledge and skills to advance. We’ll recognize and reward you with monetary increases and or bonuses at achieved milestones
· The opportunity to build successful relationships with business partners throughout the organization
· Achievable individual sales goals that pay you quarterly incentives while you contribute to the overall success of the branch team and organization
· Comprehensive benefits package, wellness program and generous tuition reimbursement for qualified coursework
· A friendly employee work environment with a company who maintains a culture of pride and commitment to our customers and community.
· Community service opportunities where you are encouraged and recognized for participation and giving back to your community.
Must be available for 40 hour shifts during the following branch hours:
Monday-Friday 8:30AM– 6:00PM, Saturday 8:30AM-1:00PM – this is open hours, but staff usually come 15 to 30 minutes earlier for shift.
*Saturdays availability required, frequency dependent on need
Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and welfare benefits, paid time-off, work-life program, and a 401(k) plan. We believe employees who are valued, recognized, rewarded and empowered, will achieve personal and professional growth. Apply today and find out why we have been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Rhode Island since 2011!
The Washington Trust Company, and each of its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to cultivating and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. We seek to provide an environment of equal employment opportunity and advancement to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities without regard to race, color, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Click Here to view the EEOC "Know Your Rights" notice and Click Here to view the "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision".
- Job Family Entry Clerical
- Job Function Clerical/Other
- Pay Type Salary
- Washington Trust Richmond, 1200 Main Street, Richmond, Rhode Island, United States of America