Supply Chain Manager
Working at Watlow
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a great living and be part of a thriving cross functional community? Watlow is a global technology and manufacturing leader who provides world class engineering expertise through innovative thermal products and systems, enabling our customers to thrive. We are making a positive impact every day as our solutions enrich the lives of people everywhere. We have been providing breakthrough thermal solutions for nearly a century. Our corporate values guide us uncompromisingly to always do the right thing, continually learn and improve, respect everyone and lead with service and humility.
About the Role
As the Supply Chain Manager, located at our Winona facility, you will lead and develop the team across multiple functional disciplines including planning and procurement to maximize the value and performance of Watlow’s supplier partnerships and establishes a world class supply chain and manufacturing execution. This role is a critical direct link to Operations, coordinating the planning and procurement team’s material readiness plan and execution.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develops strong relationships with peers throughout all functions by being in the GEMBA and provides effective communication, prioritization, and alignment across value streams for this site, business units, and functions to maximize alignment and collaborative extended supply chain effectiveness to maximize alignment and collaborative extended supply chain effectiveness
- Develops mastery in self and others. Focusing on the collaboration between planning, purchasing, and scheduling.
- Develop, apply, and leverage supply chain strategies, processes, and best practices to achieve the adequate levels of inventory and inventory turns.
- Grows functional expertise while benchmarking progress to world class standards, aligning back to Watlow’s global functional excellence.
- Lead the organization for successful achievement of enterprise targets
- Communicate and deploy functional KPIs that contribute meaningful results for the site and align to the enterprise True North initiatives.
- Demonstrates capability for engaging with external business partners and Supply Base at a leadership level to provide seamless linkage of supply chain processes
- Serves as a member of the segment or site leadership teams, and primary point of accountability for all supply chain processes, issues, and opportunities in the business group.
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in continuing education program
- In depth knowledge of purchasing, planning, and scheduling
- Up to 25% travel
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills. Possess exceptional conflict resolution skills and is adept at dealing with situations involving conflict
- 7-10 years of lean leadership experience preferred
- Technical certification preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Demonstrates effective project management capabilities
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Relevant certification in APICS (CPIM, CSCP, CFPIM), ISM (CPM, CPSM, CSM) preferred
- Lean Certifications or Experience preferred
- Demonstrates capabilities in material management, Material Requirements Planning (MRP), pull systems, flow, and the implementation of lean concepts
- Facilitates, coaches, and mentors supply chain rapid improvement events
Benefits: The Watlow Total Compensation Plan
The health, well-being and financial stability of you and your family is a high priority to us. The Watlow Total Rewards Plan includes competitive compensation and a full range of life and career enhancing benefits:
- Annual Achievement Award
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match on your contribution and an annual company contribution that is tied to company performance
- Onsite wellness clinic
- Wellness incentives
- Employee Personal Assistance Program
- Dental, medical, vision and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays, personal time, and vacation
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
Diversity & Inclusion
We proactively embrace diversity in all its dimensions across our company and cultivate a culture of inclusion and forward thinking that respects and reflects each team member’s individual strengths, views, and experiences. Watlow takes pride in being an inclusive equal opportunity employer and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please let us know confidentially if you need or require any special accommodations to participate in our recruiting process by emailing us at accommodations@Watlow.com.
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Pay Type Salary
- 1241 Bundy Blvd, Winona, MN 55987, USA