Principal Engineer - Flex Circuit Manufacturing
Working at Watlow
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a great living and be part of a thriving cross functional community? Watlow is a global technology and manufacturing leader who provides world class engineering expertise through innovative thermal products and systems, enabling our customers to thrive. We are making a positive impact every day as our solutions enrich the lives of people everywhere. We have been providing breakthrough thermal solutions for nearly a century. Our corporate values guide us uncompromisingly to always do the right thing, continually learn and improve, respect everyone and lead with service and humility.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Principal Engineer to lead the vertical integration of polyimide flex circuit manufacturing capabilities at our Columbia, Missouri manufacturing facility. As the Principal Engineer, you will provide leadership to align on application needs defining capability gaps to deliver next generation products. The integration planning and execution will include resource management, budgeting, capital equipment selection, and technical process development. This area of the business is forecasted to generate significant revenue growth in the semiconductor industry with world leading companies. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineering professional to make a lasting impact and contribute to the development of innovative products, tools, fixtures, equipment, and state of the art processes.
In the role of Principal Engineer, you would be located at our Manufacturing Center of Excellence in Columbia, MO.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the development and implementation of polyimide flex circuit capabilities, aiming to secure value-add in semiconductor business development and growth.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers and technicians, fostering a collaborative and results-oriented environment.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including R&D, manufacturing, quality assurance, and supply chain, to ensure seamless integration of new capabilities into our existing processes.
- Drive the entire project lifecycle, from initial concept and feasibility studies to design, prototyping, testing, and final production.
- Identify and source equipment to support process capabilities.
- Conduct thorough research and analysis to identify the most suitable technologies, materials, and processes for polyimide flex circuit manufacturing, balancing cost, quality, and efficiency.
- Develop and refine engineering designs, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Plan and execute experiments, perform data analysis, and generate comprehensive reports to guide decision-making and continuous improvement efforts.
- Collaborate with external partners, suppliers, and customers to enhance technical capabilities and drive successful project outcomes.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices, and incorporate them into project planning and execution and growth.
- Prepare and manage project budgets
- Advanced degree in field of specialization, usually at the Ph.D. level, or Bachelor’s degree and 15 or more years of professional experience showing increasing responsibilities
- Knowledge of the Semiconductor industry, lithography and/or flex circuit manufacturing experience preferred.
- An “ownership” mind set where you feel responsible for the success of the customer engagement
- Experience in the semiconductor industry and understanding of the competitive environment highly desired
- Experience managing multiple, detailed projects to a successful end while working under tight time deadlines
- Experience supporting/engaging with the customer on meeting their quality requirements
- Demonstrated excellence and success with customer relationships, negotiations and problem resolution
- Demonstrated skills at developing strong relationships and fostering collaboration
- Familiarity with quality management principles
- Technical aptitude and verbal skills that allows for understanding and communication of technical industry and products information
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and assignments
- Experience in a lean based organization modeled after Toyota Production Systems
Benefits: The Watlow Total Compensation Plan
The health, well-being and financial stability of you and your family is a high priority to us. The Watlow Total Rewards Plan includes competitive compensation and a full range of life and career enhancing benefits:
- Annual Achievement Award
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match on your contribution and an annual company contribution that is tied to company performance
- Onsite wellness clinic
- Wellness incentives
- Employee Personal Assistance Program
- Dental, medical, vision and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays, personal time, and vacation
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
Diversity & Inclusion
We proactively embrace diversity in all its dimensions across our company and cultivate a culture of inclusion and forward thinking that respects and reflects each team member’s individual strengths, views, and experiences. Watlow takes pride in being an inclusive equal opportunity employer and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please let us know confidentially if you need or require any special accommodations to participate in our recruiting process by emailing us at accommodations@Watlow.com.
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 2101 Pennsylvania Dr, Columbia, MO 65202, USA