New Product Development Engineer (Semiconductor) – New & Recent University Graduate Program
Working at Watlow
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a great living and be part of a thriving cross functional community? Watlow is a global technology and manufacturing leader who provides world class engineering expertise through innovative thermal products and systems, enabling our customers to thrive. We are making a positive impact every day as our solutions enrich the lives of people everywhere. We have been providing breakthrough thermal solutions for nearly a century. Our corporate values guide us uncompromisingly to always do the right thing, continually learn and improve, respect everyone and lead with service and humility.
This is an ideal opportunity for recent graduates and is designed to develop and accelerate the next generation of engineers. Our Engineer will focus on growing knowledge and expertise in new product development and manufacturing through 2-3 different Watlow locations with a final placement in San Jose, California. The duration and location of sites will be determined based on business needs at the time of rotation. Relocation assistance will be provided while in the program.
From day one, you will collaborate with mentors and team leaders while you learn the sub-systems of product development. Along the way, you will realize Watlow’s culture of self-actualization, build long lasting friendships with other new engineers and fun is on a level you’ve never imagined. Following the completion of the program you’ll take the technical and leadership skills gained from the rotation and transition into a non-rotational role based out of our Advanced Development Center (ADC) located in in San Jose, California. At our ADC, we develop and introduce new product solutions (NPD/NPI) used in the fabrication of Integrated Circuits (computer chips) for our Semiconductor customers.
About the Program
Grow Your Technical Expertise in Manufacturing & New Product Development – Learn how electrical and mechanical engineers work through new product development designing innovative manufacturing systems that will deliver industry-leading thermal systems products for the semiconductor industry.
Initially, your rotational assignment will involve building a foundation in electrical/mechanical engineering learning about system designs, programming processes, basic lean principles and understanding the principals of Semiconductor IC manufacturing. Later, you will mostly focus on controls and will rotate through various areas learning about new product development, building prototypes, translating new concept design that drives products and processes improvements and interfacing with customers.
- Partnering with Senior Engineers for design improvements
- Collaborating with New Product Development teams
- Building Prototypes
- Conducting and Interpreting test processes and procedures
- Identifying and interpreting customer needs to define design specifications
- Preparing technical briefs and providing support literature for products
- Developing products and processes that deliver innovative solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, or a related degree.
- Prior internship/co-op experience preferred.
Benefits: The Watlow Total Compensation Plan
The health, well-being and financial stability of you and your family is a high priority to us. The Watlow Total Rewards Plan includes competitive compensation and a full range of life and career enhancing benefits:
- Annual Achievement Award
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match on your contribution and an annual company contribution that is tied to company performance
- Onsite wellness clinic
- Wellness incentives
- Employee Personal Assistance Program
- Dental, medical, vision and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays, personal time, and vacation
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
Diversity & Inclusion
We proactively embrace diversity in all its dimensions across our company and cultivate a culture of inclusion and forward thinking that respects and reflects each team member’s individual strengths, views, and experiences. Watlow takes pride in being an inclusive equal opportunity employer and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please let us know confidentially if you need or require any special accommodations to participate in our recruiting process by emailing us at accommodations@Watlow.com.
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $70,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 6781 Vía del Oro, San Jose, CA 95119, USA