Operator Technician - 1st Shift Weekdays
Working at Watlow
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a great living and be part of a thriving cross functional community? Watlow is a global technology and manufacturing leader who provides world class engineering expertise through innovative thermal products and systems, enabling our customers to thrive. We are making a positive impact every day as our solutions enrich the lives of people everywhere. We have been providing breakthrough thermal solutions for nearly a century. Our corporate values guide us uncompromisingly to always do the right thing, continually learn and improve, respect everyone and lead with service and humility.
About the Role
The Operator Technician role is a very challenging position in the fast-paced, high tech semiconductor industry. You will set up, program, and run complex equipment and machine tools used in the production of our products. We are looking for technical, individual contributors who have the aptitude in setting up programs, running complex equipment and machine tools used in the manufacturing process. This position may also perform simple and complex maintenance on production and support machines. The role will involve using a variety of hand tools, vulcanizer, screen printing, meters, and other testing/production equipment. You will be responsible for ensuring the finished products meet Watlow customer and quality standards and may be asked to problem solve and train others.
In the role of Operator Technician, you would be located at our Columbia, MO Manufacturing Center of Excellence.
Hours: Weekday 1st Shift (Mon-Thurs) 4:30a - 3:00p
Your Key Responsibilities
- Building, assembling, inspection, and repair heaters based on the heater design packet and specific designer’s instruction
- Performing simple and complex maintenance on production and support machines
- Reviewing and completing necessary processes to document production process, yield, rework, scrap, etc
- Verifying that all completed work is in conformance with production quality standard
- Communicate requests and requirements to maintenance, engineering, and other various departments.
- Suggest ways to improve safety, quality, cost, and delivery
- Support, improve, and maintain the department’s Lean, 6S and continuous improvement programs
- Set up/program and run complex equipment and machine tools used in the production of product
- Perform both simple and complex maintenance on production and support machines
- Review and complete necessary data capture
- Review processes and implement improvements per change procedures (i.e. copy exact)
- Run and maintain test equipment per procedure
- Serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues
- May orient, train, and assign/review the work of other team members
- High-school graduate/GED preferred
- Preferred Two-year degree or Technical Certificate or related experience (3-5 years)
- Leadership training
- Technical expertise with previous technical training, certificate, and/or degree
- Problem solving, leadership, training, computer and communication skills
- Mechatronics, Certified Production Technician, Engineering, or Computer Science degree or certificate preferred
- CNC Machining
Benefits: The Watlow Total Compensation Plan
The health, well-being and financial stability of you and your family is a high priority to us. The Watlow Total Rewards Plan includes competitive compensation and a full range of life and career enhancing benefits:
- Annual Achievement Award
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match on your contribution and an annual company contribution that is tied to company performance
- Onsite wellness clinic
- Wellness incentives
- Employee Personal Assistance Program
- Dental, medical, vision and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays, personal time, and vacation
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
Diversity & Inclusion
We proactively embrace diversity in all its dimensions across our company and cultivate a culture of inclusion and forward thinking that respects and reflects each team member’s individual strengths, views, and experiences. Watlow takes pride in being an inclusive equal opportunity employer and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please let us know confidentially if you need or require any special accommodations to participate in our recruiting process by emailing us at accommodations@Watlow.com.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 2101 Pennsylvania Dr, Columbia, MO 65202, USA