Assistant Property Manager
Responsible for ensuring the efficient day-to day operations of the property under the direction of the Property Manager. Able to assume responsibility for the property in the absence of the Property Manager. Responsibilities include preparing and filing leases, promoting the property and retaining current tenants.
How does Westminster supports their team members? Each eligible team member has the opportunity to:
- $2k Relocation Bonus
- Live on-site and take advantage of our employee apartment discount
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans with no wait period-eligibility starts 1st of the month following employment
- Receive $945 in contributions to the HSA medical plan for each employee who enrolls
- Obtain assistance for student loans as well as tuition reimbursement
- 401k Match-50% of the first 6%
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and more
- Responsible for the knowledge and administration of the following:
- Thorough knowledge of leasing techniques, sales methods, property rental information.
- Thorough knowledge of management company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the efficient and timely reporting, maintenance and submission of all administrative forms, files and reports.
- Responsible for collection and posting of rent to Yardi.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient and courteous response to all resident requests. * Assist the Property Manager in designing and implementing a resident retention program, i.e., a newsletter, resident referral program or social activities.
- Respond to site visit or telephone inquiries, conduct site tours, effectively sell to prospects and lease apartments. Work to optimize occupancy and implement or follow an effective lease renewal program.
- Work with Property Manager to direct the efforts of the on-site staff to ensure apartments are ready for move-in and are maintained in a satisfactory manner.
- Responsible for insuring that all personnel in all departments operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Assist the Property Manager in interviewing, screening and hiring of any potential employee for all departments.
- Assist the Property Manager in subsequent orientation, training and scheduling of all office personnel.
- Assist the Property Manager in any disciplinary or promotional recommendations with regard to all office personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring a professional appearance and manner for self all personnel at all times.
- All other duties as determined by the Property Manager or Regional Manager.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of residential property management or retail sales experience. (For properties 50-400 units).
- Job Family Community Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- 440 Cross Park Dr, Pearl, MS 39208, USA