WestMET- Engineer II - Mining
Under general supervision, applies standard engineering techniques to design, analyze, test, maintain, repair, or improve products, components, or assemblies. Provide mining engineering and design services for mine studies (scoping, prefeasibility, feasibility, and detailed design), development, and construction projects.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete any required field surveying utilizing industry standard tools (GPS, Drone, etc.).
- Design, develop, and mine plans, visits systems in the field and manages projects. Applies engineering techniques and analyses within the scope of the assignment.
- Ability to utilize AutoCAD, Carlson Mining, Minex and/or similar software packages. Prepare monthly forecast and analysis information.
- Perform investigations, calculations and sketches necessary to complete planning studies, finished designs and construction specifications on less complex projects.
- Conducts surveys and studies topology to design mines, support or ventilation systems, drill sites or blast patterns.
- Perform related work as required.
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires constant data input for extended periods of time without leaving the work area. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires mobility sufficient to travel.
Typical Working Conditions
Normal office environment and field work in typical weather. Occasional evening or weekend work. Occasional offsite travel may be necessary depending on assigned duties. Working on-call, nights and weekends may occasionally be required on an as needed basis.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited university.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Licenses, Registration, and Certifications
- EIT/FE certification preferred.
- Professional Engineer License preferred.
- Highly Organized.
- Problem solving.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Pay Type Salary
- Alberta, Canada