Sr Actuarial Analyst
WoodmenLife is looking for a Sr Actuarial Analyst to join our team!
We are currently searching for a Sr Actuarial Analyst to join our team. The Sr Actuarial Analyst contributes to the growth and financial soundness of the organization by assisting actuarial functions that support various WoodmenLife insurance products, and compiles data with acceptable levels of accuracy and efficiency that is used in financial solutions. WoodmenLife is one of the best places to work in Omaha and has been in business for 130 years. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
This position can be hybrid.
We are looking for someone for the Sr Actuarial Analyst role to:
- The Sr Actuarial Analyst researches and compiles data for the following actuarial functions. Average percent of time spent within any single function varies by the incumbent
- Pricing and Product Development
- Product Administration
- Illustration Actuary Compliance and Illustration System Administration
- Refund Determination and Inforce Product Management
- Financial Projections, including Enterprise Value Projections
- Valuation and Financial Reporting
- Experience Studies
- Risk Management
- May participate on a division or cross-functional project team.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
We need someone who has:
This job requires a background that demonstrates the following minimum knowledge, skills, talents and traits:
- Meets SOA VEE requirements and has passed 4 SOA exams, including either LTAM or STAM, and working toward ASA with BS degree or higher and two years actuarial experience.
- Experience with spreadsheets, databases and mathematics.
- Knowledge of financial and modeling software.
- Requires technical writing skills.
- Requires flexible hours of work to meet deadlines and match business requirements.
- Ability to assist in problem solving.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package More information about our benefits can be found at https://wwwwoodmenlifeorg/careers/home-office/benefits/
As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- WoodmenLife Home Office, 1700 Farnam Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America