WoodmenLife Home Office, 1700 Farnam Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America Req #188
Monday, September 18, 2023
Payment Specialist helps support the department vision, goals and objectives by ensuring all premiums are applied accurately and efficiently to certificates suspense by utilizing various administration systems or referred to appropriate Team member for prompt handling WoodmenLife is one of the best places to work in Omaha and has been in business for 130 years. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
This is a hybrid position.
This is a hybrid position.
- Researches for policy numbers on checks received and determines the proper action for applying the payment using various policy administration systems.
- Ensures VA premiums received prior to deadline for processing are applied correctly to members’ certificates, therefore, minimizing errors to protect the reputation of the Organization. Verifies all accounts are balanced at the end of business each day.
- Deposits funds with FNBO for WoodmenLife and subsidiaries. Extracts rejected premium payments from checks and correspondence received daily from the bank and assigns to another for processing.
- Assists internal customers with petty cash.
- Prints all the Society Checks and verifies for accuracy.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be finger-printed and be able to pass a criminal background check (cannot have a felony on record).
- Strong understanding of basic math concepts and previous experience balancing cash accounts.
- Mechanical skills or aptitude desired, and the ability to troubleshoot minor problems that could arise while operating the Wausau system.
- Ability to type 30 words per minute with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the business payment rules for all types of certificates.
- Previous experience with insurance company or bank with emphasis on deposits and electronic payments.
- Knowledge of cash accounts and payments is preferred.
- Must be flexible in work schedule.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Pay Type Hourly
- WoodmenLife Home Office, 1700 Farnam Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America