Interns needed to work at WoodmenLife!
- Are you a student looking for a great opportunity to work for one of the best places to work in Omaha? Are you someone who is searching for a career in the Accounting field? Do you want to work with an organization that believes in giving back to your community? If that is the case, consider joining our team at WoodmenLife.
We are currently searching for interns to join our Accounting department next year. You will be working in a creative, fast-paced, and professional setting. The internship training provides the chance to gain knowledge in the Accounting area. This position will be working to help our teams build a great foundation for them to work off of, so they have a head start with each new project. It is an exciting position within WoodmenLife.
What you will be doing:
- Accounts Payable: introduction to Accounts Payable process, coding and processing payments
- Accounts Receivable: intro to various AR processes, applying payments, researching, corresponding with Sales Representatives and members.
- Accounting Services: exposure with Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tax: Completion of 990N’s
- Various other projects within the Division.
This job requires a background that demonstrates the following minimum knowledge, skills, talents and traits:
- Working toward ASA and BS degree.
- Experience with spreadsheets and word processing.
- Requires attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
- Ability to assist problem solving
As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community, and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, serving others, being open-minded, and providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit.
This is a paid internship that may lead to future opportunities with WoodmenLife.
Commitment: Part Time Flexible Hours (approximately 25 hours per week)
If WoodmenLife is the type of company and the position is one that you could see yourself doing, then please apply online and see if it's the right fit for you.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Some College
- WoodmenLife Home Office, 1700 Farnam Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America