Human Resources Intern
Interns needed to work at WoodmenLife!
- Are you a student looking for a great opportunity to work for one of the best places to work in Omaha? Are you someone who is searching for a career in the Human Resources field? Do you want to work with an organization that believes in giving back to your community? If that is the case, consider joining our team at WoodmenLife.
We are currently searching for interns to join our Human Resources department next year. You will be working in a creative, fast-paced, and professional setting. The internship training provides the chance to gain knowledge in the Human Resources area. This position will be working to help our teams build a great foundation for them to work off of, so they have a head start with each new project. It is an exciting position within WoodmenLife. We are able to provide housing for interns if needed.
What you will be doing:
- Job shadow various positions within the department by listening to phone calls, sitting in on meetings, interviews, and/or by assisting with projects and duties. Summarizes and presents findings from researching and gathering information related to various projects and work assignments in the following focus areas.
- Employee Benefits: May assist associates with their inquiries regarding current benefit offerings or assigned to contribute on various projects associated with health and welfare programs. This may consist of benefits enrollment processing and terminations, and reconciling monthly invoices as examples.
- Compensation: Will get exposure to job analysis, job description creation and review as it relates to compensation, labor market surveys and market pricing activities.
- Recruiting and Hiring: Assists with screening resumes and application forms. Schedules and confirms interviews with candidates. Posts, updates and removes job ads from job boards, career pages and social networks. Broadens knowledge by conducting phone interviews and assisting with job fairs.
- Employee Relations, Compliance and Employment Law: Broadens knowledge regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, FMLA and other HR laws, proper maintenance of employee files, new employee paperwork, and Payroll issues related to onboarding, benefits and employment terminations.
- Talent Development and Employee Programs: Broadens knowledge regarding programs and initiatives that enhance the development, performance and productivity of associates. Assists and participates in companywide engagement and wellness events; which will provide perspective on how to engage an onsite and remote workforce.
- Human Resource Information Systems: Assists with communicating and updating internal systems with employee information
This job requires a background that demonstrates the following minimum knowledge, skills, talents and traits:
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior in college with area of study in Human Resources or non-profit management/administrative fields
- Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Ability to work 10-20 hours per week
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, working with multiple audiences and stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of Human Resources theories and practices
- Willingness and desire to learn and develop Human Resources skills and abilities
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community, and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, serving others, being open-minded, and providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit.
This is a paid internship that may lead to future opportunities with WoodmenLife.
Commitment: Full work week (38.75 hours)
If WoodmenLife is the type of company and the position is one that you could see yourself doing, then please apply online and see if it's the right fit for you.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Some College
- WoodmenLife Home Office, 1700 Farnam Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America