Director of Accounts Payable
The Director of Accounts Payable will lead the Corporate Accounts Payable organization and operate as the key contact for both external and internal stakeholders impacted by Accounts Payable. This role must demonstrate a high degree of customer service to meet the needs of a variety of users, working closely with shared services, general accounting, treasury and department leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise work teams within department, including conducting activities associated with coaching and training.
• Review invoices and approve payment transactions within multiple systems in accordance with corporate policies.
• Review and approve vendor setup and maintenance
• Implement and perform controls to address risk of fraud or error in the payables process and protect sensitive financial or vendor information.
• Supervise and manage the annual 1099 reporting process
• Serve as an escalation point for internal and external stakeholders, identifying discrepancies and recommend actions to resolve them.
• Create tools to monitor teams development and processes
• Reconcile accounts that the team impacts.
• Ensure accounts payable team contribute to a timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
• Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors.
• Lead special projects including those related to implementations of new systems and guidance.
• Support acquisition integration into existing payables processes.
• Operate as a project manager for the external audit, including fulfilling request as necessary
• Responsible for hiring and retaining competent payables staff.
• Collaborate with cash planning team on reporting and payment analysis.
• Work collaboratively with others within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simplify processes, reduce costs, prevent loss, and to ensure that accurate and timely work is completed.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Accounting systems and payables process knowledge.
• Ability to conduct and scale ongoing research and monitoring.
• Promote a positive work environment & ability to motivate other.
• Ability to write user-oriented Standard Operating Procedure.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field
• 10+ years’ experience in Accounts Payable including 3 years in a leadership capacity.
- Job Family General
- Pay Type Salary
- Dallas, TX, USA