KAUAI - DRIVER NON-CDL
Pay starting at $23.00/hr.
Following your introductory period, you will be eligible for quarterly bonus opportunities.
Years of experience will be taken into consideration for pay.
Education/Training provided to those with no experience.
Position Summary Description:
Drives refrigerated truck over established route to deliver grocery products into customer establishments. Responsible for collecting payments from customers, order discrepancy reporting, customer complaint resolution, and daily truck inspection and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates delivery vehicles to deliver food items, beverages, paper products, and cleaning supplies to customer’s place of business.
- Unloads products from delivery vehicles using a pallet truck, cart, or hand truck, and places stock on customer’s shelves or racks.
- Preserves product quality and minimizes damages during delivery.
- Collects checks from customers and records transactions on customer receipt and delivery records.
- Writes and reports any damages or discrepancies in orders delivered.
- Collects or picks up empty containers, pallets or rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Performs daily inspection of truck and general maintenance, including fueling and cleaning.
- Adheres to all Federal and State driver guidelines.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Possess familiarity with local roadways and townships within the route area.
- Prior delivery experience is helpful.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with route customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must have the ability to handle customer complaints, order discrepancies, and picking/loading errors calmly and efficiently.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a clean driver’s history*.
- Must be able to successfully complete in-house forklift certification test.
- Frequently required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 lbs.
* Driver applicants are required to submit a copy of their Driver History Record along with their application. Driver History Record must have been issued within the past 30 days from date of application. Applications will not be considered without this form.
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Life insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible On-Demand Pay
Y. Hata & Co., Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, including disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Job Function Safety-sensitive
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2975 Aukele St, Lihue, HI 96766, USA