YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
The Independent Health Family YMCA has immediate openings for housekeepers, who will follow the daily schedule to clean and sanitize all areas of the facility. This is a part-time position.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara Family Membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment. Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include paid sick leave, leadership development opportunities, training, and career advancement.
- Cleans and sanitizes all areas of the facility according to the daily schedule including but not limited to: rest rooms, locker rooms, kitchen/lounges, sauna/steam room.
- Uses the appropriate equipment and janitorial supplies correctly. Reports problems to the supervisor.
- Follows facility protocol to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, including doorknobs, tables, chairs, light switches, etc.
- Dry/wet mops hard floors. Vacuums carpets.
- Washes windows, dusts surfaces.
- Empties trash and recycling containers.
- Completes facility maintenance logs as directed.
- Responds quickly to clean spills and resolves unsafe conditions promptly.
- Wears required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Maintains the cleanliness of the grounds. Clears (shovels, sweeps) walkways, removes garbage.
- Carries out other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of one year of experience in housekeeping, and/or custodial work.
- Working knowledge of the tools and equipment used to clean and sanitize.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and follow directions.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.75
- Job Start Date Monday, October 23, 2023