Child Watch Aide
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
Provides child care to infants and preschool age children in the Child Watch Program at the Independent Health Family Branch YMCA. This is a part-time position.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Must be available to work evenings. Availability to work occasional weekends is required.
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara Family Membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment.
Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include paid sick leave, leadership development opportunities, training, and career advancement.
- Provides a safe and secure environment for children. Performs safety checks.
- Implements check-in/out procedures and follows all policies. Performs required administrative tasks.
- Attends to the needs of all children in the program.
- Sets up toys and equipment to be used and ensures proper storage when done.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with children, parents and staff. Communicates effectively.
- Anticipates problems and finds appropriate solutions.
- Follows and enforces department protocol to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces. Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the program/work area. Enforces PPE compliance.
- Communicates concerns to management for improvement or intervention.
- Attends and participates in required training sessions and staff meetings.
- Carries out other tasks as assigned.
- Must be a responsible, dependable individual with experience caring for infants and preschool age children.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to interact with and care for children in an age appropriate manner.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.75
- Job Start Date Monday, October 16, 2023