Member Service Representative
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
Provides outstanding service to all members, guests, and program participants at the Southtowns Family YMCA. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes membership and program sales, and maintains the cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara family membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment. Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include paid sick leave, leadership development opportunities, training, and career advancement.
- Provides outstanding service to members, guests, and program participants at the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the Y. Greets members by name.
- Conducts interviews and tours responsive to the needs of prospective members.
- Sells memberships and registers program participants. Records sales and registrations according to Association procedures.
- Stays current on program and membership information to communicate effectively with members, guests, and program participants.
- Applies YMCA policies when dealing with member services.
- Maintains facility control and security by scanning member key tags, maintaining sign-in sheets and issuing equipment and/or keys.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Carries out risk management and emergency procedures in accordance with Association guidelines, completes and files necessary paperwork.
- Follows department protocol to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces. Maintains the cleanliness and organization of work spaces and the welcome center.
- Participates as a team member during special promotions and annual campaigns.
- Attends training sessions and staff meetings as required.
- Supports office staff when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strives to meet/exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience to members.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.00
- Job Start Date Monday, March 11, 2024