YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
Responsible for the safe operation of swimming pools. Develops the staff schedule and provides leadership and direction to aquatics staff. This is a part-time position.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Flexible scheduling. Morning, afternoon, and evening shifts are available. Availability to work on weekends is required.
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara Family MasterKey Membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment. Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include EAP, paid sick leave, leadership development opportunities, training, and career advancement.
- Enforces all pool safety rules, implements pool emergency procedures, ensures the safety of swimmers.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Develops and publishes the staff schedule. Fills in for absences and ensures adequate coverage for all shifts.
- Provides leadership and direction to aquatics staff.
- Maintains active surveillance of the pool area. Responds to challenges with possible solutions in a timely manner. Remains calm and objective when under pressure or when challenged by others.
- Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes reports as required.
- Completes incident/accident reports and treats injuries.
- Instructs participants in swim classes, implements the swim instruction program.
- Accurately records pool temperatures, pool chemical qualities, and maintains other records, including records of staff certifications as required. Takes appropriate action to resolve issues.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Maintains all required certifications. Attends/facilitates staff training sessions to practice skills and learn program standards.
- Follows and enforces department protocol to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces. Maintains the cleanliness and organization of program/work areas. Enforces the use of PPE.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- American Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard certification.
- American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute BLS for Lifeguards, First Aid, Oxygen Administration certifications.
- Ability to maintain certification-level physical and mental readiness.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Office software.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $16.00
- Job Start Date Monday, October 16, 2023