Activities Coach - Y on the Fly
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Founded in 1852, YMCA Buffalo Niagara is the second-oldest YMCA in the United States and one of the oldest institutions in Western New York. As a charitable, community-based organization committed to providing programs designed to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all, YMCA Buffalo Niagara serves the Western New York community with six membership branches, two overnight camps, and over 50 program locations. No one is turned away due to an inability to pay - each year, more than 2,800 children and families benefit from our annual campaign, which provides over $1.4 million in financial aid to those who wish to participate in YMCA programs such as child care, summer camp, or membership.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
Implements activities for the Y on the Fly Program. Coaches and interacts with participants. Identifies opportunities to expand program locations and collaborations.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
10 hours per week. Shifts are scheduled up to 5 hours in duration, between 8:30 am and 7:30 pm. Must be available to work 2 or more shifts per week.
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara Membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment. Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include paid sick leave, leadership development opportunities, training, and career advancement.
- Develops and implements activities for community outreach programs, with a focus on youth sports/physical activities along with literacy, STEM, and community food distribution.
- Prepares and organizes equipment and supplies for program sessions.
- Maintains equipment and an adequate inventory of supplies.
- Drives the program van to sites, sets up, and implements program activities to participants. Distributes meals to participants.
- Attends special events to promote the program.
- Understands and maintains rules, regulations, and standards as required by YMCA Buffalo Niagara, the NYS Department of Health, and the Summer Food Service Program.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with city officials, funders, and related agencies.
- Responds to all inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Follows and enforces department protocol to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces and ensures PPE compliance.
- Provides a safe and clean environment and ensures the safety of staff and participants.
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- At least one year of experience leading and supervising youth in community-based programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify problems and find acceptable solutions.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) in CPR/AED and First Aid is required.
- Current NYS Driver’s License with the ability to drive the Y on the Fly van to program sites.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.00
- Job Start Date Monday, October 16, 2023