Outdoor Education - Program Assistant
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
The Y offers outdoor education programs at YMCA Camp Weona (Gainesville, NY) and at YMCA Camp Kenan (Barker, NY). The program assistant helps the instructor with the delivery of the outdoor education program curriculum.
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara Membership, discounted program fees, paid sick leave, training and leadership development opportunities, and an outstanding work environment.
- Prepares, and delivers outdoor education activities as directed by the instructor.
- Implements the outdoor education program design and leads participants in a manner that is safe physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- Demonstrates leadership by being a positive role model and ensuring an effective learning environment.
- Provides high quality service to program participants.
- Sets up and takes down equipment and supplies for activities.
- Follows and enforces department protocol to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces. Ensures PPE compliance.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of program areas.
- Implements the emergency procedures plan when necessary.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with participants and group leadership.
- Performs support duties such as cleaning, kitchen duties, and routine maintenance tasks.
- Maintains all required certifications, attends and participates in staff meetings and training sessions.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Have experience leading groups in an outdoor setting.
- Able to work with diverse groups of people.
- Able to effectively communicate instructions and information.
- CPR/AED and First Aide certification is preferred. (American Red Cross, ASHI, American Heart Association)
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.75
- Job Start Date Monday, October 30, 2023