Universal Pre-K Special Education Teacher
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Founded in 1852, YMCA Buffalo Niagara is the second-oldest YMCA in the United States and one of the oldest institutions in Western New York. As a charitable, community-based organization committed to providing programs designed to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all, YMCA Buffalo Niagara serves the Western New York community with six membership branches, two overnight camps, and over 50 program locations. No one is turned away due to an inability to pay - each year, more than 2,800 children and families benefit from our annual campaign, which provides over $1.4 million in financial aid to those who wish to participate in YMCA programs such as child care, summer camp, or membership.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
Provides Special Education services to students in a classroom setting. The Special Education teacher instructs students, maintains student discipline and is responsible for student academic achievement.
Weekdays during the school year, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement Fund contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Health insurance is available on the first of the month following 60 days of employment with the Y.
There is a generous paid time off program, which includes three weeks of personal time off (PTO) based on the school schedule and paid sick leave.
All employees receive a complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara family membership and program discounts.
Other benefits include training and leadership development opportunities, and career advancement.
- Implements the curriculum and follows program standards established by the YMCA, New York State Department of Education, and the School District.
- Conducts assessments and ensures academic growth for students.
- Performs administrative tasks related to the program.
- Analyzes survey data. Develops and implements action plans to improve program quality.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with students, parents, staff, and school administration.
- Follows department protocol to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces. Maintains the cleanliness and organization of program/work areas. Ensures PPE compliance.
- Provides a safe environment for all activities. Enforces safety rules and report/treat any injuries.
- Provides direct instructional service to students in support of IEP and program goals.
- Participates in development of IEP and monitors student progress towards IEP goals.
- Modifies General Education curriculum in alignment with IEP specifications.
- Participates in all CPSE and CSE meetings.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Meets the requirements outlined in the contract with the School District and/or the local Board of Education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- New York State Teacher Certification in Special Education is required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build positive relationships.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $25.00
- Job Start Date Monday, October 23, 2023